Sunday 18 December 2016

First Month of Office Life! New experience!

Reaching early to office felt like a crime but yes with the washroom timings in my PG I was forced to commit the crime. My office timing was 9:30AM to 6:00PM during training but I always reached by 9:00AM (totally not me).

In my PG one washroom was shared by 8 girls in the morning, so yes you can imagine the chaos. The only time the washroom was available was before 5:30 AM and after 10:00AM.

(One had to schedule the natures call!!)

So I had to go about requesting every girl who stayed on my floor to finally get the 7:30AM slot to use the washroom. I was someone who did not like requesting people at all. So this was my first step towards compromising with my ego and going around talking to people whom I didn’t like or with whom I was least interested to interact. Well not many people will find getting up at 7:30AM a great thing to do in the morning but for a person like me who used to get up just half an hour before the school/college entry time, that too with great difficulty after my mom kicked me out of the bed (literally at times) and always ended up standing out of the class for coming late, well yes 7:30AM is a big deal.

Something my mom couldn’t do for ages PG life did to me in a day. I used to wake up at 7:00AM and keep peering through the keyhole of my room door to find if the person using the washroom is out yet so I could make a run to the washroom before someone occupied it, lucky enough my room was just opposite to the washroom. I loved the breakfast at my PG, the only good thing about the place in the morning. To add up to the washroom queue there was only one mirror hanging on the corridor wall for which again there was a huge demand so I used to glance at my reflection in the window glass of the cars that stood parked on the way to the bus stop and sometimes even styled my hair while people weren’t looking. Once or twice I forgot to notice the car had people in it, who were left wondering why I am staring at them. My company did not provide cab so I had to take the public transport. Buses from Indira Nagar to Cox Town were rare and before 10AM it was nearly impossible to get them. So tempo traveller was my means of transport. It was faster, Cheaper and better then the bus.

First day at office was boring. Same age old boring formalities went on the whole day. But Oh yes! I’m sure this part will interest you!! So i met this guy in our building and I guess he was the first guy who was worth looking at in the entire campus (no offence if you are from my batch and reading the blog). I liked his smile but then I said to myself “No girl No crushes at work place, remember you are here to work hard and be next Jeff Bezos or Mark Zukerberg or Indra Noyi”, Yeah that’s too much but my mind is a little dramatic. This was the first time I missed my friends. The jokes we cracked, the teasing each other with every guy we see, the sniggers etc. I was the only person from my college or to be precise from my city who joined the company so well I was missing my gang but yes I think I had started getting accustomed to the fact that I’m alone so it din bother me much. Then there was this Mr Fair Guy, he was a sweet person and had helped me with some uncompleted formalities. Well a few girls were going gaga over him, I never really knew why.

During lunch hour I went exploring the campus and I loved it, as I’m a lover of nature and my campus was more like a park. Thanks to the company we had free food coupon for 3 days which saved me from having PG food for lunch!! So the day was kind of okay and in the evening I took a bus back.

My PG was in Indira Nagar so you must be thinking I had an awesome life as it’s an awesome place but well the life that I had after office, was coming back to PG washing clothes, eating dinner, washing vessels and going to sleep. The Wi-Fi sucked and I missed all my Saas Bahu serials; Workouts and dancing, well i kind of gave up on it. I felt like I was living someone else’s life.
Second day again was boring. The third day following it was still boring except for one training session where a person who looked like Shahrukh Khan took the session, well he was funny and since I had not watched television for while I felt “Shahrukh Nahi tho Uska duplicate hi Sahi” and enjoyed the session. Rest of the sessions were just boring. The entire week was mundane with e-learning courses and tests (which u could retake any number of time) and then when I was all planned for a weekend I got to know there was no off on Saturday.


Well if you are still thinking about the part where I mentioned about guys well then let me tell you drop it, they were just part of my first day :D. But yes weeks ahead held lots of such stories :P.

3 comments:

  1. 8 girls sharing same mirror! I can imagine your Psyche!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well two things, First I like the way you switched the context directly from bathroom to breakfast :P , I was like did I jst got to the next page or what!!
    Second the guy which you are talking is the same guy which you said no to when he came to talk to you on the day of training session when you wore yellow?? :p

    ReplyDelete