Monday 20 March 2017

He was the Calm before the Storm.!

“I BELIEVE”

Everything is prewritten and nothing can be rewritten the only thing that we do have power over is how we react to a particular situation.
Do we give up? Or do we keep fighting? Do we choose to be brave and have courage? Or do we run away like a coward?

While I was feeling hopeless and helpless as i could do nothing to help myself, I did one thing “I believed”. I knew I didn’t come all the way to Bangalore just to see the face of disappointment and go back. I believed that everything will be alright. I believed I will somehow make it. I believed I’ll find help in the end. And I did.

It was end of the month and I was just 3 days away from being kicked out of my PG.
PGs in Indira Nagar ranged from 3 sharing 4 sharing to a hall full of beds like some general ward of a hospital. There were hardly one or two human friendly PGs but their rent made me feel they were the BMWs of PGs and I was neither Ambani nor Birla. With my salary not credited there was no way I could afford to pay advance to these Hi-Fi PGs with Wi-Fi. After my failed attempts, tired, I sat on the divider by the CMH road in Indira Nagar lost in my thoughts and it started pouring heavily. But I sat there with people staring at me which bothered me the least because all I cared about was that “It felt good”, after a long time.

It was a day before my last day in my PG, and as I sat carefree cracking jokes and laughing with my colleagues I happened to be told by one of them that a friend of theirs is looking for a roommate. That was it. I knew it was the universe helping me. Wasting no more time I spoke to the concerned person finalised the PG. Relieved!!! Yes can u believe that?? Just a day before my last day in PG.!! I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t found shelter. Though my backup plan was to dump my luggage at someone’s house and live in office.

Ha done with the PG Hassle. That’s what I thought but Hell no. This PG was the beginning of another worse ending.

I had shifted from Indira Nagar to Cooke’s Town which felt more like shifting from New York to an Indian Village. Along with new PG and new place I also found a new friend.
He was the unexpected solace before turbulence.

It was on this particular day of the induction session which always meant a nap time for me that I happened to hear a very sensible question being raised and I was like Ok let me take a look at this wise man and that's when I realised a guy like him existed. He was cute but I was too sleepy to continue admiring his cuteness. Ha! Did I know back then that he would be an important part of my life in coming days? No! No definitely I did not. While I was continuing my sleep in the training room after the induction he came up and asked for me. I was too sleepy to process anything so I just went with him and then I realised he was a messenger sent by our training manager to summon me. After talking to my manager while I left I looked at this guy and he was smiling very vibrantly and I was like ‘why is he smiling so much?  Was I looking weird with my face swollen from sleep? ‘, not giving it much thought I went back to sleep.

A few days passed and one evening I was highly bored, even bored of sleeping and I found a badminton racket lying ownerless in the corner of some random cubicle at my colleagues building so I took it and told my batch mates I’m going to play. They made fun of me saying “You just have one racket  what will you do? Catch mosquitoes?”.

I did feel whatever they said made sense but luckily i found a bunch of people who let me play along with them and it was after years I was playing Badminton and it felt great, I would play the whole evening but then I had to catch a very rare bus to Indira Nagar so I decided to leave .As I left the court I saw the induction guy looking at me and I was like ‘should I smile or no?’ and then before I could even decide he came up to me and we had a little chat and we happened to realise that we were two workless souls and decided to play badminton from the next day together. As we walked to the bus stop we exchanged numbers and the next day he helped me shift my luggage. So while on the way to my PG we happened to discuss about vegetables cooking etc. and he asked me to come over to his place for dinner. I was in bit of dilemma, I mean come on I barely knew this guy and he calls me home for dinner! Well after thinking a lot I just decided to go over to his place. Cooking seemed riskier than going to is place. It was not a bad decision after all. I liked his company and since I was having a good time and good food at his place my visits to his place became quite frequent for the dinner as my new PG had no food facility and I was someone who didn't even know to light stove so I always ended up having dinner at his place which we cooked together in other words he cooked and I gave him moral support.
It was just 6 days since I had known him that  we went out on a Sunday and after the dinner when we were planning on how to go back as it was pouring heavily outside did this weird idea had come to his mind. He said "I'm feeling like going to Mysore” and then I had this crazy look in my eyes and I was like "Let's go ".

I hardly knew him for 6 days and I was off to Mysore on a Sunday bunking office on Monday. It was a hell of a Sunday. I was sure the plan is not going to work as the last bus was at mid night and we had to go home pack bags and reach the bus stand and with Bangalore traffic plus the crazy rain it was impossible yet half drenched completely crazy we somehow made it to the bus stand and then to Mysore. We explored the entire city in one day and all the time I was like if this is a dream I don't want to wake up. After a troubled month this was like bliss especially to me who is a travel freak. Well if you’re thinking that there was anything romantic between us then you will be disappointed. We were just two crazy souls who liked each other’s company plus even if I did wanted to have a crush on him the fact that he called his girlfriend at least 3 times a day made me think otherwise. “Just because there is a goal keeper doesn't mean you can't make a goal!” LOL! I could have used this logic but I knew he wasn't my goal to make.

After this trip we had become pretty well acquainted and his flat was almost like mine and he was like a shadow always with me, except for work hours we were always together and at times he used to even come to my work place or I use to go to his. In a very short period of time my world started revolving around him not because I liked him or something but it feels good to have someone to take care of you in a completely new city with no friends and family.

Had I known back then how all this care and affection would end? No! Definitely I did not.


2 comments:

  1. Interesting girl.. So did he read this or may be his gf?๐Ÿ˜œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol he did i guess not really sure he still has a girlfriend to read it๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete